Thursday, April 14, 2011

Medicine For My Heart

I didn't want to flip and change the script
but since it was my heart on the line,
i played the riff and changed the whole story plot
starting with a hardcore base of drums and emotion beats
to soft slow ribbons of heart strung strings

somewhere beneath the base there is a softly crying violin
its weeping voice tearing holes into my resolution
ripping gaps through my soul
and yet i still feel the same, my heart burning
my fingers shaking
my chest pounding and my inner sanctum breaking...

Can't remember why but for some reason?
my body is mellow, as if being put to rest,
as if this is the answer...
and i produce the movie of medicine for my heart

-only trying to come to terms with my decisions

GROWING UP, NOT SURE IF I WANT TO BUT UNDERSTANDING I HAVE TO...

1 comment: