Monday, February 20, 2012

Change Of A Lifetime

All my life I have been a writer...I can't remember a time when I wasn't making up stories or telling elaborate fairy-tales. I would have been a great Architect, this I know, but I'm not entirely sure I would have been a happy one. Again, I must mention that all of my life I have been a writer and this is something that I should have thought of doing in the first place. I'm not going to go as far as saying if I had started out as an English and Art double major, that maybe my first semester would have turned out a lot better but I do know that I cannot change the past. I know that I will never be able to get back my first semester or my second semester tries but I do promise myself that now that things are more clear? I am determined to move forward. Just in case you haven't heard the new dig...I currently am apart of the School of Architecture under the Masters of Architecture tract. I was wait listed for a year on my semester so the things that I have already taken either don't count towards my new decisions or they are Gen.Ed. classes. I am going to double major in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing and Visual Arts with an emphasis in Painting/Drawing. I have been an artist since I was very young also (save a few discouraged years when I didn't even touch a sketchbook). I have sold paintings and given away drawings. Although some people say that you will be a 'starving artist', I will go against that. I am not going to be a starving artist because 1. that won't be my only job. I plan to write, even if it is for a newspaper, editing company, or technical manuals in some way. I won't be without a job because I believe that a degree in English from KU means alot in the professional world. 2. I have faith in myself that I won't let my thoughts of being an artist keep me from being realistic. I will chose the things that I do because I know they will benefit my future. I am making the right decision. For me and for my sanity. The light in me sees the light in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment