My uncle, Wesley Parham, died last week. Today we had his funeral. my first funeral. It wasn't dark and gloomy. It wasn't filled with tragic sadness, it was beautiful...the special service, the special cars (joked to have been ones rode in by Obama himself, as if thats something!) I hadn't know that he'd been in a branch of service for the USA and The guys dressed in white uniforms suprised me but at the same time i had a sence of pride. He went out in style. He had the "going home" that he deserved. There isn't a doubt in my mind where he has gone and i'm glad to have known him, i'm glad to have grown up with his children, i'm glad to have listened to him preach, teach and talk...about everything. He was truely inspiring.
-An uncle to be proud of
GROWING UP, NOT SURE IF I WANT TO BUT UNDERSTANDING I HAVE TO...
No comments:
Post a Comment