My opinion is but a speck of dirt in a dirt mound and yet, somehow, it seems to matter. I'm just keeping a journal of random thoughts and I don't mind if you read it...that's all. I've decided I'm going to write a book...new book idea of course, of my life...and having a blog makes it so much easier to keep things in order! So excited!
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Dealing With Fear
The other day a very odd and weird thing happened. One night, I was laying in bed next to Sherron while we were spending a few days in his hometown in OK. His younger brother had switched around the bed and so therefore I would have to sleep against the wall (which I would always do when we slept together). Anyway so when I woke up sometime during the night , I remember reaching out in front of me and feeling solid. I couldn't feel Sherron anywhere. Instantly panic set in...I can't tell you exactly what I was thinking at that moment because it's pretty fuzzy but I do know that I thought that I was either in a box or had been forced into some small area. I instantly began to cry out and then I felt him grabbing at me. The only thing that completely registered at that moment was him reassuring me. I remember that I couldn't stop crying and I couldn't stop shaking. I know things in my past have caused me to be scared or afraid but I'd thought I'd gotten over all childhood scares. Apparently this is one that I don't remember to well but...my body does. I have only had one other time when I've freaked out before and it was as a small kid when I'd been shut into a dark and hot attic. I'd thought that no one would find me and that I'd die there. I believe it's really time to let this fear go, to banish it. I don't want to wake up that way any longer. After he'd assured me that I was fine, we watched a movie. Still after we'd stop watching it I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. No matter how hard I closed my eyes and tried to put myself to sleep, I couldn't shake the fact that I wasn't ENTIRELY sure that I wasn't going to wake up locked up. Eventually, he had to hold me until I fell asleep. When I'd woke up I remembered what'd happened and my eyes watered but I didn't cry. It's really about time to let go.
The light in me sees the light in you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment