My opinion is but a speck of dirt in a dirt mound and yet, somehow, it seems to matter. I'm just keeping a journal of random thoughts and I don't mind if you read it...that's all. I've decided I'm going to write a book...new book idea of course, of my life...and having a blog makes it so much easier to keep things in order! So excited!
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Starting My Own Business
Hello!
I figured it was about time that I came back on here and started to actually show case my work. I guess it’s really not me showcasing when I won’t actually put anything on this one but I feel like I should document it. I’m starting my own business. Of course I’m going to be a freelance copywriter but I’m definitely going to take it to the next level. I already have a few things planned out on Asana (which is like a task manager app for any order of thing). I definitely hope that I will have everything up and running by my birthday (Only three months away). Even if I don’t have the actual business set up I want to have a padded portfolio, a business website and at least a few pro bono published works under my belt along with the current spec I’m working on.
I’ve decided I’m going to name it “E. Jemison Copywriting”. I had a few other options and ideas but this was the best one. I also had the idea to drop the initial but I am not sure I want to do that yet. I guess I will see which one I decide to go with in a few months.
Competition:
E. Jemison Copywriting vs. Jemison Copywriting
I look forward to venturing into this new world of being a business owner and also of governing myself. I will regularly make updates so you can keep up with my growth on this journey!
I guess the first updates would be that I am currently completing my course in Copywriting. I am taking a few classes in Business Management, Professional Presence, and Bookkeeping for Small Businesses and hope to find a class in Accounting and Finances.
Thanks for reading!
:Starting A New...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment