My opinion is but a speck of dirt in a dirt mound and yet, somehow, it seems to matter. I'm just keeping a journal of random thoughts and I don't mind if you read it...that's all. I've decided I'm going to write a book...new book idea of course, of my life...and having a blog makes it so much easier to keep things in order! So excited!
Monday, December 5, 2011
Things That Move Fast
Things that move fast; cars, planes, life, time, love, heartbeats, school...taking into thought the things that go fast in our lives. Today's topid will be time. Just last week i was looking at Hawk Week posters and the first two weeks of school and just yesterday i was thinking about finals week and the fact that i'm almost done iwth my first semester of college. My friend Camy told me the other day that i wold go by really fast...and he's a junior. I'd have to say that i agree. Sitting in class waiting for the clock to turn to 11:50 so that i can leave, go eat and maybe spend the rest of my day alone, in my room, watching T.V. or even alone, in the dining hall, eating. I will sit around all day, possibly doing homework at one point or reading books downloaded from Kindle Amazon. Then i would move on to shower, all of this stretching on a days worth of time and yet...it is filled with emptyness...about two weeks from now i won't even care. I will be at home, where time will fly, for an entire month because not only am I so broke that i can't even afford to borrow for Christmas I'm too poor to take the bus ($1.50) to go to my sisters house. I will sit in the house, edit my book, write the ending, and hang with the family. I'd possibly even try to hang with those friends who didn't really like me in the end (as usual) just as not to be stuck in the house doing nothing but playing the WII and watch my niece Molly grow up. And then i would suddenly be spirited back into school, moving all of my stuff BACK into my dorm room in McCollum (unfortunately known as the party-dorm). I will start class and call up that woman that has been nice enough to give me a job (even though i actually got fired from Hyvee the last time i worked there). Time will fly as i learned from my mistakes so my grades get better and my heart goes emptier at the absence of the one person that would make my life a lot happier. I would miss him a lot and we would try to talk to eachother as much as possible, staying in touch to the best of our abilities. Then the next thing i know, I will be spiraling through finals and enrolling in classes for sophomore year. Including that studio class that i had to wait an entire school year to get into (That pushed my college experience from 5 years to 6.) I will be signing that lease for that great apartment that I will find and planning that summer job that will give me means to Mom and Dad's birthday presents bought early. Seeing as it didn't take me that long to go through a few months of life...it should really show how time flies, time slows down, time can be measured but not in things untangible...overall, I guess what i'm trying to say that, regardless of anything anyone has to say, time moves too fast.
The light in me sees the light in you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment